Happy National Chili Month! With this chilly weather, it’s hard to resist the temptation for something warm and hearty. I’ve been waiting to experiment with a bunch of chunky soup and pot roast recipes when I picked up a Le Creuset Dutch oven on sale this summer. This delicious Turkey Chili recipe is something my roommate taught me; it comes out perfect every time and it’s super easy to prepare. It also features a secret ingredient that blew my mind when I first heard about it! Can you guess what it is?
SIMPLE AND HEARTY TURKEY CHILI RECIPE
— 1lb of ground turkey
— 1 large onion, chopped
— 1 can of pinto beans
— 1 can of black beans
— 1 can of kennel corn
— 1 can of stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
— 1 can of diced tomatoes
— 1 pack of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
— 1 pack of your favorite taco seasoning mix
1. Dice the onions and sautée them with a dash of cooking oil in the pot in medium heat (I used a 4.5 Qt. Dutch oven)
2. Once the onions start turning brown, add in the ground turkey
3. Add the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning, mix well
4. Once the turkey is cooked, add in all of the remaining ingredients
5. Let the chili simmer for about 1 – 1.5 hours on low heat
6. Add your favorite garnish like cheese, parsley, or chili flakes and enjoy!
Giving this Turkey Chili recipe a spin? Show us what you make on Instagram with #cultcooks!