I’m mentally and physically preparing for my trip to LA next week, which means I’m bracing myself for the scorching hot weather. Last week we had 3 days of 80+ degree weather and I already thought I was going to melt! As you can see, I’m not very well adjusted to high temperatures and neither is my closet. In a quest to get some hot weather clothes, I’ve been scouring the web to find some light, neutral summer dresses that can be worn from spring to summer to fall and are easy to pack. Since I also don’t like to wear restrictive clothing in the hot weather, I wanted dresses that are also airy and light. Here are the 8 summer dresses that are currently topping my wish list!
1. Trompette Dress: Aritzia does clean minimalism very well. Everything I have from there I still wear, even if it’s years old. I love how classic they make everything, even when it has ‘trendy’ parts about it. This dress is no exception– clean, flattering lines make this a gorgeous summer dress one that will last years.
2. Mediterranean Maxi: Free People seriously never disappoints with their summer dresses. I have a light peach maxi skirt I still wear to this day from Free People, and now I’m itching to add this easy, breezy maxi dress to my collection as well.
3. Georgia Dress: Elizabeth Suzann is a small, independent designer based in Nashville, Tennessee. Her line is pure loveliness. Everything is simple yet stylish, clean and effortless.
4. Print Dress: Anine Bing is a former model, now designer. Not only do I covet her rockstar hair and style, her clothes are fun and flirty without being too saccharine.
5. Embroidered Swing Dress: Standing at a looming 5 foot 3 inches, I love that ASOS has a petite section. This dress reminds me of one that I have been coveting at Madewell, but is sadly sold out. The trapeze/swing shape of this dress is actually much more flattering than it may seem. I have a denim one from current / elliot from years ago in the same shape, and I still wear it every summer!
6. Maxi Tee Dress: This just looks uber comfortable, and you know that since it’s made of jersey, it’ll be so soft you’ll want to sleep in it!
7. Dandelion Dress: I. Love. The. Reformation. All the dresses are positively dreamy and I wish I could buy the whole store. That is all.
8. Wrap Dress: You can’t beat a simple, linen wrap dress. Check out Need Supply Co’s other dresses as well, they have a fabulous collection!
I recently also ended up picking this and this from Madewell. Not only was there a sale, they look fabulous on and I absolutely adore them. Next up…. find the perfect summer hat!
What other kind of items would you like to see in a round-up? Let us know in the comments!