If you follow our blog, then you’ve probably heard of Sea Forager, my local seafood CSA. It’s so San Franciscan, but I love it. Every other week, Kirk finds heads to the ocean to find the freshest, most delicious seafood to share with us. Last week, it was fresh Dungeness crab. This week, it was tuna. Sashimi grade tuna that can be eaten raw. These are usually the most exciting deliveries, and whenever I know I’m going to get tuna, I make tuna poke. Fresh tuna, topped with a bit of soy sauce, sugar, wasabi, and green onions… Well you can’t beat that. If you’re in San Francisco, or have a seafood CSA around you, I would highly suggest you subscribe. It’s a great way to support your local fisherman and enjoy truly sustainable, fresh seafood at home.
TUNA POKE RECIPE
– 1 lb sashimi grade tuna, cubed
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoon ponzu
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1/2 avocado, cubed
– 2 green onion stalks, minced
– toasted sesame seeds
1. Mix together the soy sauce, ponzu, and sesame oil.
2. Toss the tuna and avocado together.
3. Drizzle sauce over the tuna and avocado, add onions, and then toss with sesame seeds. Serve over warm rice!
Show us your tuna poke on Instagram with #cultcooks!