With a gooey chocolate center and a moist, cake exterior, molten chocolate lava cakes are a deliciously easy treat to whip up anytime. We originally made these for Valentine’s Day, but the recipe is so simple that it’s perfect for any occasion. Check out the video, and the full recipe is below!
– 100 grams of bittersweet chocolate, broken up into chunks
– 1 stick butter (YUP)
– 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3 eggs
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– ice cream, whipped cream or Greek yogurt
1. In a saucepan, heat the chocolate and butter over medium heat.
2. Remove the pan from heat, and add in salt and flour. Set aside
3. With a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the sugar and beat until it’s pale.
4. Pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and gently fold it in.
5. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. When it’s ready, pour the chocolate mixture into ramekins and bake for 8-10 minutes. Don’t bake for too long, or else it won’t be molten.
7. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt (a healthy alternative) and enjoy!
Trying it yourself? Show us on Instagram with #cultcooks!